Belton is hosting a Summer Fair of Food and Drink on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 July 2015. The fair is a celebration of local and artisan produce and aims to showcase what’s great about Lincolnshire food and drink.
The fair will take place in the stableyard and adjacent estate yard at Belton House .
Belton House will provide a stall for you. These come with a 6ft table and a chair, and measure 10ft X 8ft (3m x 2.4m).
Alternatively, you may bring your own gazebo, for which you are allotted a maximum space of 10ft x 10ft. If you’d like to bring your own gazebo, you must also bring your own table and chairs and ensure that the gazebo is safely weighted down with 16kg weights at each corner. Ropes and pins are not an option as staking is not permitted.
- All stallholders must carry their own public liability insurance and employer liability insurance (the latter where applicable).
- Food producers must hold and show evidence of a Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 (at least) and evidence of Local Authority Food Hygiene rating.
- If bringing your own gazebo, it must be secured as directed above and a risk assessment must be provided.
- Stallholders are required not to sell food and drink designed and intended as a meal for consumption at the fair itself. For example, selling drink by the cup or glass, bacon rolls, chips and similar hot food, wraps and sandwiches etc… are not permitted as these will conflict with Belton’s catering offer. If you require clarity on this point regarding your product, please ask. Handing out free samples is permitted.
- Permission to bring a generator is dependent upon the submission of details of your generator and subsequent approval that it is safe and suitable for use at the event. If you have a generator that you wish to bring, identify this in the booking form and details will be requested to allow or disallow its use.
- Any stallholder that currently supplies Belton House (shops or restaurants) is requested to sell their produce for the same price as the National Trust.
- The fair begins at 9.30am and finishes at 5.30pm each day, stallholders will be required to set up, take down and remove all vehicles outside of these times. Specific access requirements and further information will be sent to you upon confirmation of your application.
- All electrical items must have an up to date PAT certificate.
Pricing for stallholders is as follows:
- Stall hire (2 days) – £120 + VAT
- Double stalls (2 days) – £220 + VAT
- Pitch fee/own gazebo (1 day) – £45 + VAT
- Pitch fee/own gazebo (2 days) – £65 + VAT
There will be a limited number of indoor spaces, with tables provided, to position your stall. There will also be some limited access to a 13amp power supply (£20 additional charge). These will be allocated on a first come first served and needs basis.
What marketing will be done?
Belton can expect upwards of 2,500 visitors per day on a busy summer weekend, even more so when hosting a well-publicised event. The fair will be promoted as follows:
- Listing in the National Trust Midlands Summer newsletter. These go out to every National Trust member in the Midlands region, so circa 700, 000 copies are distributed.
- Editorial content and event listing on Belton’s website, which regularly receives in excess of 20, 000 visitors per month during the summer months
- Event listed on main National Trust website
- Listing in Belton’s events leaflet, 30, 000 of which are printed and distributed
- Facebook (BeltonHouseNT) and Twitter (BeltonNewsNT) content including boosted posts in the months leading up the event. Please mention us in your posts about the event so that we may ‘like’ and retweet them.
- Posters and flyers on site and locally in the months leading up to the event (these can also be made available to you to further publicise the event)
- Regional distribution of press releases
How to book
If you’d like to be a part of the Summer Fair of Food and Drink, please fill out the attached application form to specify your requirements. You will then be informed of your allocation and invoiced appropriately. We ask as part of the booking process that you submit images of your product to help us accurately publicise what will be on offer to visitors. If and when we confirm that we are able to offer you a space to take part, we will ask for evidence of insurance and food safety documentation.
Please get in touch with me if you have any questions or would like more details about the Summer Fair of Food and Drink. If you have completed a booking form, please return it to Same Gee either by email or post, addressed to:
Marketing and Events Officer,