Leading food and drink law firm, Roythornes solicitors, has announced the creation of its Food Business Challenge.
The winner will receive up to £5,000 worth of strategic reviews for their business with the aim of ensuring they are in a position to grow and take advantage of all the opportunities in their sector.
Mark Dodds, Marketing Manager at Roythornes Solicitors, said: “Start-up businesses are vital to competition and growth in the food sector and every effort must be made to support them.
“It’s vital that up and coming business owners fully understand all of the hurdles their company will face in the coming years.”
“The Food Business Challenge has been designed to provide the winner with a solid foundation to develop a successful business in the food and drink sector.”
The winner will receive guidance from the following challenge partners:
- Roythornes Solicitors – will review legal documentation including contracts, terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements to make sure the victor’s business is protected and ready for growth
- WLP consultants – Will undertake a strategic review of the winning business to ensure it is targeting the right market in the right way
- Pelican Communications – Will conduct a social media and PR audit and offer insights into growing sales with social media and how the winner stacks up against the competition
- Bulley Davey Accountants – Will have a look at the winners’ finances and highlight issues where their business could be performing better and where changes could be made to make sure they are ‘financially fit for growth’
- Childsdesign – Will audit the successful business’ packaging, identity and website and analyse how it fits with the companies’ brand values.
The closing date for entries is 17 July with the winner being announced during the first week of August.
Representatives from each of the challenge partners will judge the entries against a range of criteria including the value of the prize to the entrant.
Full terms and conditions and the entry form are available here: www.foodbusinesschallenge.co.uk or by searching for ‘food business challenge’