Sunday 24 to Saturday 30 January 2016
In January 2016 people up and down the country will be celebrating national Farmhouse Breakfast Week.
The celebrations, called ‘Shake Up Your Wake Up’ highlights the importance of breakfast.
All stages of the food chain, from farmers to food producers and retailers to consumers are encouraged to get involved and hold events during the week to promote the importance of starting the day with breakfast.
Activities include tasting sessions, breakfast competitions, cookery demonstrations, special breakfast menus and school breakfast clubs to name just a few.
Case Study – how did Uncle Henry’s Farm Shop get involved last year?
Read examples about how Select Lincolnshire for Food member Uncle Henry’s Farm Shop supported the campaign last year, and what benefits it got from it.
How can you get involved with Breakfast Week?
Be part of a successful national campaign celebrating the most important meal of the day! If you grow, process or serve breakfast products then you can get involved. You can use the week as a vehicle for your own activity and promote breakfast in any way you choose. If you are stuck for ideas, we have provided some suggestions in our Get Involved section.
- Tell Select Lincolnshire for Food about your plans to be included in our social media and consumer marketing plans.
- Organise an event or promotion as part of the week
- Sign up to our e-newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Pinterest
We have a range of free resources to help you including booklets featuring some tasty breakfast recipes, posters, and stickers.
Campaign key messages
- Breakfast benefits you and your family and can help make you healthier and happier.
- Breakfast eaters tend to be slimmer than breakfast skippers.
- Breakfast provides you with the energy and nutrients needed for an active lifestyle.
For more information and to receive an information pack see the official Farmhouse Breakfast Week website.